PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Which Guide?
Thread: Which Guide?
View Single Post
Old 26th Jul 2016, 13:10
TheOddOne

Location: Down at the sharp pointy end, where all the weather is made.
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I'm really not fussed which guide you folk use so long as you use an UP-TO-DATE ONE!!!!!
Info for our airfield changed significantly 2 years ago, holding point locations, different routes for back-tracking and a change in the PPR number etc. We STILL get people ringing the wrong number and when asked, some of them are using guides nearly 10 years out-of-date. A current guide is hardly more than a landing fee, just buy a new one each year as a New Year present to yourself.
Skydemon took a couple of goes to get our details changed and there is a 2-month cycle for changes (just like the IAIP). I think Pooley's also do updates if you subscribe. I think on-line info like Skydemon is the way forward, though I haven't subscribed to the extra for the on-line Pooley's. Presumably, you need to be connected to the internet to get info, or can you download the whole guide and have it available in the air?
We also had one pilot who called the wrong LARS frequency locally. He was using the info on his map - yes, you've guessed, it was YEARS out-of-date...

TOO