PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER 1
Thread: MANCHESTER 1
View Single Post
Old 26th Jul 2016, 11:18
LAX_LHR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Or maybe the issue is that people just don't like using public transport and would rather drive/Taxi to get from point A to point B in the shortest time?

I fit that category, in that it doesn't matter how cheap the rail fare is, I would rather drive and park up at the airport. If I have those feelings, maybe others do too.

It's probably indicative of the public transport and how bad it actually is.

I once priced up a train fare for 4 people from North Wales to Manchester airport. It was actually longer (with a change at Piccadilly) and more expensive than a taxi fare we had been quoted.

Then it seems every time I get on a train there's either no room for luggage or there's a drunken idiot (or plural) ruining it for everyone compared to a relatively easy and civilised drive.

Lastly, who wants to get on a local bus to go on holiday (remembering Manchester is predominantly outbound traffic). If you moan that the walk from the station to T3 with luggage is bad, getting a local bus with said luggage isn't exactly a nice experience either?!

As for the station to T3, I honestly did find it worse at LHR central-T3. Given the station has to serve a central core to access all 3 terminals the station is probably best placed, and as said, there is a regular shuttle bus, I honestly don't know what you expect MAG to do to improve that scenario? Maybe the skylink can be extended to serve T3 once the TP is done given T1 will be redundant, but that's about it?