PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SQ-368 (engine & wing on fire) final report out
Old 26th Jul 2016, 02:33
gatbusdriver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FACT.....you do not know what information these guys were privy to before making their decision (or not as the case may be). You can use words like surely or they must have, but the fact is you do not know. What did the crew tell them? What did ATC tell them? ARFF? Did they use the GMCS? Was it even working? What cautions/ warnings were they getting? Just a few of the things I would be interested in knowing.

Until information is leaked or a report is out detailing everything from the start of the failure to the point the passengers disembarked i will refrain from stating my opinion as fact. When that information is released I will hopefully be able to learn from it.

I agree that I hope I never find myself in that position, but I also hope that if I were to find myself in that position my training and experience would stand the test and leave me alive to read the 36 pages of guaranteed drivel/opinions that will appear on PPRuNe written by armchair experts who really have no idea what went on in the flight deck that day (I know that's a little unfair as there are some very informative posts by some).

I am not defending their course of action/inaction, I just don't see how you can judge with absolutely certainty until you are aware of......here comes those words again........all the facts.

Regards,

GBD