PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Barwon Heads to be sealed
View Single Post
Old 25th Jul 2016, 10:21
olm8tyrone

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Don't take the moral high ground when you're hiding behind an alias attempting to name and shame someone. As a matter of fact, I think you're using the sob story of 'think about the children' to have another dig at those in charge of GSA. You're politicizing the matter. It's pretty petty. I actually feel silly that in responding to you this tread is being bumped. Nobody on pprune actually gives an arse about our small aviation community and all you've done by bringing up this issue is plant a seed in every aviators mind that when they hear 'Barwon Heads' they think 'Oh yeah, that place, I remember reading about it, isn't there always some sort of domestic dispute going on down there? I think I'll avoid it'.

And to answer your question, No, I'm not one of his 'stooges'. I'm an impartial local. Let it be known though that from observations it seems like the aero club does nothing to promote or foster a growing aviation community in the area. Whiney hangar flying seems to be the go. Meanwhile the heartless stooges have sealed the runway, put lights in, fixed the taxiways and put in new hardstands. Thats my unbiased perspective.

Maybe you're just up in arms because you're going to miss out on brimming your tank to do 3 take-offs and landings then one joyflight? Fair suspicion.