PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Turkish Airlines - THY Recruitment (Merged)
Old 25th Jul 2016, 10:13
furbpilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Psychomanthic the all Turkish Airlines appeal to expat was based on the fact that Istanbul and Turkey seemed to be heading to EU accession, were providing a safe , free, unionized, democratic, rights respecting environment and a decent 4 season climate.
Most of this factors seem to be not the case anymore beside the climate. Multiple terrorist attacks, security concerns and the recent dramatic events and their consequences have brought Turkish Airlines on a completely different perspective to our eyes. Regardless in Dubai/Doha/Abu Dhabi you get the company housing or cash in lieu ( plus paid education for kids up to univerisity 43 days leave ,substantially higher salaries. interest free loans and a more expat friendly environment) and rents are not far off if you consider locations ( The Palm...or Gunesly) and sizes. Other airline offer real commuting options and I really think that THY should go this way ..if they still need expatriate pilots.
We all hope everything will go back to to normal and Turkey and THY will proceed in their democratic development and expansion.Nobody has anything with theTurkish people here even the more critical that I believe are only trying to elicit reactions or to obtain better conditions. I sure don't know what will happen ...but I can tell you everybody is very concerned.