PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Turkish Airlines - THY Recruitment (Merged)
Old 25th Jul 2016, 10:04
captplaystation

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"Titanic Port hotel" . . . . . ironically suitable name, with all & sundry abandoning ship.

I met (in a hotel bar ) a "local" FO a couple of weeks back.

As I am flying a relevant type as Commander, he asked me why I didn't want to join THY.

I cited a roster that allowed one to go home once a month max wasn't up to much (it was a SH fleet ) the constant devaluation of real salary due to being paid in TL, and (and this was prior to the Coup, but post Ataturk attack ) the rather obvious security concerns.

His response was totally & utterly to bury his head in the sand & "assure" me that it was not like this at all, & that I shouldn't believe what I read (international media obviously being just as unreliable as pprune )

I guess if his Bosses have their heads similarly "underground" they must be amazed that whatever they do to slacken the criteria for entry the world is still not flocking to their door.

I read an interesting article the other day concerning the slow time bomb that the damage to the tourist industry has ignited, I could imagine crewing all the new airframes they are planning to expand with is going to start to appear quite achievable (in comparison to filling their cabins ) in the near future.