PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Erebus 25 years on
View Single Post
Old 24th Jul 2016, 23:01
PapaHotel6

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would think your use of the words "mudslingers" for those of a contrary opinion to yours could well be classed as offensive

Nah, fair cop Prospector saying things like "blowing smoke up eachother’s backsides and urinating in eachother’s pockets" certainly qualifies as mudslinging. We've all been guilty of it, although I hasten to add that the good behaviour was maintained intact for far longer on "our" side of the debate. I got branded a "troll" by 3 Holer after my very first post #598.

But where I feel the Mahon side have really lacked integrity is in their failure to respond to specific points of fact, questions, and arguments. When cornered - as has occurred frequently on this thread - they will either change the topic, or repeat some irrelevant quote from Mahon. 3 Holer in particular seems to believe that if you say "Mahon was right" often enough, people will come to believe it and in fact history has shown him to be correct. It's a tactic that won't work on us, but may well do to the uninformed casually reading this thread.