PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - advice for Munich?
View Single Post
Old 24th Jul 2016, 16:45
Jan Olieslagers

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
One can save a lot of trouble - winning a good deal of clarity - by referring to aerodromes by their coding, ICAO at best.

EDMY is indeed Mühldorf, and it does sport a hard runway of 850 metres, but then be aware it is at 1325 AMSL so density altitude might perhaps be a concern for you in these tropical days? Also, consulting http://www.airports.de/component/opt...d,277/lang,de/ , I see it is a "Sonderlandeplatz" which means they require PPR, plus they officially have local language only on the radio - and requirements tend to be strict, in all of Germany and especially in Bavaria. Then again, the information at that website has a certain reputation for being less than recent so it always pays to contact the airfield operator directly.

Regarding local transport options for EDML and EDMS I am not aware at all - I admit I avoid Bavaria like the pest, considering it mostly a rich people's place, though I must immediately add I recently met some very nice Bavarians obviously much richer than myself! - that is of course a generalisation - but I would recommend asking the local people. It should not be too hard to find the websites for these aerodromes and to get in touch with them through the given contact details. If that doesn't work, do feel free to PM me, I have some German and will be pleased to call them for you.

Last edited by Jan Olieslagers; 24th Jul 2016 at 16:58.