PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MMMmmmiles Aircraft
View Single Post
Old 29th Jul 2003, 18:43
Hairyplane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MMMmmmiles Models

Hi Airbedane,

As a highly skilled maker of flying model aircraft yourself, you will know all too well the frustration of researching particular aircraft, producing drawings etc., only to discover that somebody else has already done it.

I have the most exquisite museum quality models in 1/24th scale, of both Falcon and Magister. Doug Bone made them for me. He will therefore have some drawings.

I was also delighted to see 2 x 1/5th scale flying models - of both Shuttleworth Magisters - at Old Warden Scale Weekend just.

The builder of V1075 is also well on the way to producing a 1/5th Falcon.

The Maggie model looked wonderful in the air - if a little fast....

There seems to be a significant renaissance of interest in Miles Aircraft - surely in no small part due to their drop dead gorgeous good looks.

A definitive list of all available plans and models of Miles Aircraft would be so useful.

Doug Bone spent a whole day climbing over the aircraft, taking photos and measurements - I was unable to give him very much.

With you on the case I think we wll see lots more Miles models in the air.

I would love to see a trophy for a Miles model at The Indoor Nats. although I am well aware of the limitations of a free flight model with small tail surfaces etc. However, the Messenger, with its significant dihedral and triple fins might work?

Can I persuade you to produce a flying model kit of a Miles Aircraft in the same way as you did the Lacey?

I would offer you a go in the full size but - well youv'e done all that already! I can only offer you beeeeeer and foooood!

HP