PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - advice for Munich?
View Single Post
Old 24th Jul 2016, 09:35
ChickenHouse

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
advice for Munich?

I am going to have some month working in Munich, Germany, and did assume it is easy to fly there as it is a major city in a developed country (I thought).

First, I found out I am not allowed to land at Munich International as a GA aircraft (WTF is that? No problem to go into Hartsfield–Jackson and these Bavarians ban all small travelers?). I was checking the nearby airfields and see some small ones on the charts. Quite bare minimum - I need min. 2,000ft, better 2,200ft for landing - or hard by other regulations (had a steep learning course into the higher details of "PPR", German "Flugleiterzwang" and the its & bits of IFR in southern German airspace during the last weeks - don't ask scratch head).

I now checked Moseburg (quite far and gras would not be preferred), Oberschleissheim (strange regulations for landing and obscure traffic pattern), Dach Au (gras and quite short), Jessen Wang (far out and who declared that tinyport as a "GA airfield for Munich" ??? ridiculous), Landhutt (no infrastructure and quite far) and Oberpfaffenhoffen (couldn't figure out exactly how to get landing permission there?). Somebody recommended Auksburg (??? that is 30+ nauticals out?).

My office will be a bit east of Munich and in the publications I find no suitable airfield in the vicinity.
Are there any unpublished hints, tipps for that area and how do I get contact to that hidden fields?