PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - GPS Jamming West Coast USA
View Single Post
Old 24th Jul 2016, 08:48
LeadSled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
No mention of mandatory ADS-B that you are scaremongering about!
Bloggs,
You should really try to read what I have actually posted, before you go into full fine and overboost.

If the DAS says he wants it to be mandatory, and ASAC accepts it is going to be, given the tenor of discussions, that rather does indicate the direction, so you better write up the DAS and ASAC for scaremongering, to be fair.

And speaking of "being fair" ----- it goes like this ----- convince enough that they should voluntarily fit ADS-B where it is not currently mandatory, and when you have 20-30% or so, then, with hand on heart, and with a straight face, declaim:
" We must make it mandatory, because it is unfair that X% have spent good money equipping voluntarily, but cannot get the "full safety benefits" because other aircraft owners have not spent the money".
If you think this is fanciful, just have a look at the statements as to why the current ADS-B mandate, completely unjustified on any rational assessment, cannot be delayed to the US 2020 or later , as initially promised at the Tamworth rally by the Minister ( in the presence of the Deputy Prime Minister) and I was one of many witnesses ----- nothing to do with safety, just that it wouldn't be fair to those who have equipped already.

Strangely, I can find nothing in the Act or Regulations requiring "fairness" as a criteria for CASA decision making.

Tootle pip!!