PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK Training department roster
View Single Post
Old 24th Jul 2016, 06:55
Basic Service

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would say that most trainers I have met are not good teachers, they are not interested in passing on knowledge, tips, anecdotes, etc.... basically, teaching!
A little recent example of a further erosion in the opinion I had for training and trainers per se went like this.
Understandable comments, but I would contest the comment that most trainers (that you have met) are not good teachers. Its unfair to tar everyone with the same brush because of a couple of bad experiences. MM, I agree with you that the snotogram was wholly inappropriate and can only say that there are dicks in every group of people. I hope you made him feel a prick by pointing out the intent on your part by return email. I have just been through a conversion and transfer of training qualification from 330 to 380 and can honestly say that I found the experience highly informative and rammed full of tips, techniques etc. As for the attitude and ability of my trainers, well I would say 95% were bloody good blokes who clearly enjoy imparting the knowledge with an eye on how much you can take in at a particular time. Not only that but they are decent people who have respect for their colleagues and co workers. So that leaves 5%.....Well they are in more dire need of a B***J*B that any other white man I know. ( Robin Williams..Good morning Vietnam..RIP )
This means that by far the majority of trainers are good blokes who are seriously undervalued by this airline. They are a necessary pain in your a**e as without them we could not function as an airline and we would all be out of a job.

I don't expect anyone to feel sorry for us, we don't HAVE to do it, but give the majority a break, we do it because we enjoy it and do our level best to do it well. If you are someone ( like the dick I flew with a few weeks back ) who thinks its ok to be on your mobile downwind at DXB when you are PF....... well guess what.... yup, you guessed it " all trainers are coc*s..........right?