PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK Training department roster
View Single Post
Old 24th Jul 2016, 04:42
Monarch Man

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sorry i meant to say "the 10% of EK pilots who rant". The other 45% are happy, and the other 45% knew what they were getting into and are content with being a part of a widebody ME airline operation.
Here's the thing Striker, I don't believe your % right off the bat, more like 10% knew what they were getting into and are content with being part of a widebody ME airline, 45% who are actively looking to leave, and 45% who rant and are actively looking at leaving.
The PJ issue and comments on here are merely reflective of the disconnection between perceptions and reality, which dovetails nicely into the identical issues with training and its ethos and personnel.
A little recent example of a further erosion in the opinion I had for training and trainers per se went like this.
Operated aircraft to outstation, said aircraft not fitted with EFB's, so charts used. On leaving the aircraft the charts in use were book marked for ease of retrieval for the next crew, and placed in a conspicuous position so as to be obvious and within easy reach. All done in compliance with the inane and poorly worded/thought through company "leave the cockpit neat and tidy" policy.
Several days later I receive a snottagram from a "trainer" no less about how the cockpit was found in a non policy conforming fashion due to the charts being bookmarked, and how this had made it more challenging for him to "train" as the policy was not "strictly" adhered too

A chap from Nazareth wept...