PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Brookfield Aviation.
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jul 2016, 08:49
Phileas Fogg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@Phileas Fogg. You didn't get the case. It's all about "bogus self employment". If you are based in Germany and you live there, you have to pay your tax in Germany. A independent contractor isn't obliged to pay certain social security taxes. So if the court decides that those pilots are not self employed, it will get nasty for them (and BRK). And yes, they should be worried, because we are not talking about "peanuts"
DXB,

I worked with enough flight crew over 32 years to recognize that many of them are tighter than duck's asses when it comes to breaking in to a pound or a dollar, paying dues etc.

You're suggesting that the RYR crews working out of Germany actually lived there, in my experience of the duck's asses trying to get them to step from their front door from where they lived, UK, Netherlands, France, wherever they expected transport and per diem to be provided just for stepping out of their front door.

I even had them, based in mainland Europe, expecting to take their 8 days off each month in N. America where they were domicile, I mean, never mind the FTL's, they expected to work 22 days on followed by 8 days off and one of the t0ssers, when drunk, assaulted me causing actual bodily harm in a bar one evening because I wouldn't schedule him 22 days on, 8 days off.

Reading between the lines here I'm recognising an envy from individuals that have been compelled to pay tax/SS against those that have managed to escape paying it.

Have I missed anything?