PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Niugini's subsidiary - LINK PNG
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jul 2016, 22:53
olderairhead

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
From the CEO 21/7/16 to all employees:

Dear Colleagues,

As you all know, the call for stop work commenced on Wednesday 13 July 2016. It has significantly affected Air Niugini resulting in numerous flight disruptions and cancellations, complaints from the travelling public and loss of business. By yesterday, 20 July 2016, Air Niugini has suffered the effects of the stop work for one week.

I remind you all the reason behind the call for stop work is political in nature. It is not because of any industrial dispute between Air Niugini and its employees, or any Union group. The advice from the Department of Labour and Industrial Relations is that the stop work action is illegal, as the reason for stop work is not related to any Industrial Issue between the Company and its employees, nor has any application/complaint been lodged with the Department on any Industrial Issue.

Since the stop work actions commenced, Management in Its endeavour to get the Pilots to come back to work has applied due process under its administrative and contractual arrangements. Management has also had informal meetings with certain Pilot personnel with a view to finding solutions to the matter. A formal meeting with the Pilots Air Pilots Union (NAPU) representative has also taken place. In all its efforts, Management has taken a consultative and co-operative approach to address the matter.

Despite all these challenges, Air Niugini has continued to deliver its services safely and expediously as required to the travelling public. However, Air Niugini has also incurred significant financial costs and losses. Air Niugini's image and brand has been affected resulting in loss of confidence by its customers. The relationship with our code-share partners has also been affected. This is an unfortunate and undesired situation.

Management will continue to pursue its conciliatory efforts to address the stop work with the Pilots. In this regard I strongly appeal to this group to seriously consider the effects of the stop work on Air Niugini.

I sincerely thank the majority of all staff for your support and co-operation during this difficult and trying time. I have no doubt you have all contributed enormously, to ensure our customers are served. Your efforts are very much appreciated