PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tracey Curtis-Taylor (Merged threads)
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jul 2016, 19:33
Mike Flynn

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
I am in discussion with the BBC regarding her interview with BBC Radio Humberside but having had a couple of beers and looking at the wonderful UK sky this evening on reflection I missed a key point.

For those who have ever flown in hot dusty places like the centre of Australia ( I have ) the one thing you miss is the wonderful English countryside in summer.

She revealed in the opening part of the interview with BBC Humberside that she had driven up as the Spirit of Artifibs was at Farnborough.

I was hoping to fly in with the Spirit of Artemis but I have actually driven up"
BBC Radio Humberside - Andy Comfort, 21/07/2016, To pay tribute to Hull aviator Amy Johnson Tracey Curtis Taylor flew to Australia in a biplane
Now why, with total CAVOK, would a pilot (who claims to have flown around the world) drive to Hull when the flight is easier,quicker,nicer and costs nothing as it is sponsored?

Plus the picture opportuntity with the local press

Flying to Hull should have been a key part of her agenda given she 'emulates' or celebrates Amy Johnson who comes from the city.

So what stopped her? Could the brand new/restored Spirit of Artemis have gone sick already?

Or is it because Ewald is back in Austria?

Am I missing something?

Her ex husband Steve Taylor tells me she never was a cross country pilot in New Zealand and now it appears she cannot fly alone from Farnborough to Humberside in high summer

Could it be she needs to fly IFR...I follow roads

Last edited by Mike Flynn; 22nd Jul 2016 at 20:01.