PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Eastern Airways
Thread: Eastern Airways
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jul 2016, 18:43
Brandspanker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Brand new!

Hello everybody/anybody?!?!?

In need of some serious, possibly brutally honest advice. I have applied for my first ever cabin crew job with Eastern Airways based at either LBA or HUY, it is their latest advert for Embraer 170 only crew. Through online research I have managed to establish that they have (or will have) 2 of these jets.

I am currently in a good job with decent pay and decent conditions but want a complete change, hence why I'm going for this. I have applied and have been invited to a selection event.

However, SHOULD I be successful, I need some honest insight into the role with the Company.

The job advert on the website implies there will be a lot of time away from home in Europe crewing these 170's. That's fine and exciting, but can somebody advise as to whether it's financially worth it? We all have bills to pay right?

I'll be honest, I bring home 2k after stoppages in my current job 😬😬😬

Please be brutal, tell me all you know.....typical earnings, what routes these 170's are likely to be doing, how the company treat staff, good/bad/indifferent contracts?

ANY help would be great for a potential newbie like me, and please go steady on airline jargon, I've been a railway guy for like 12 years 😂

Thanks in advance people