PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hawker Hunter Crash at Shoreham Airshow
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jul 2016, 15:28
neila83

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dustbin lorries were not removed from instant service across the UK until the inquiry was concluded, why was the Hunter?
Is this actually serious? Perhaps engage your brain a minute and think about this, because your whole argument is losing validity when you post such obvious nonsense.

It's now been explained to you why the Hunter is not in service so perhaps you can be a bit more level headed. The enquiry hasn't been concluded and your attitude seems to be 'I don't care what happened, I like planes, give me what I want, waaaahh'.

You say because these things happen very rarely, we should just accept it and move on. Which seems slightly bizarre, aviation didn't get as safe as it is with an attitude like that. It is because of this robust reaction to accidents that incidents are as rare as they are, long may that continue. Even incidents that don't kill people are investigated thoroughly, sometimes planes grounded, and lessons learned implemented.

If very bad decisions were made that day, it is very important that they are learned from. If the risk can be reduced it should be, I'm not sure why you're against that. You made a bizarre point about financial implications, it's not a conspiracy you know. Some things are vital to society functioning, some things are not. Society will make the judgement in the end, not you or some conspiracy of bankers out to spoil your fun, and I think society decided air displays are a long way down the list of things it's willing to accept the risk of being killed for.