PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Where to now?
Thread: Where to now?
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jul 2016, 10:48
RAT Management

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I saw AT today... Looks like they is under HUGE stress and alone! Stay the course. In fact, the union should tell them they are not interested in talking until our list of demands are met. If the list of demands are met, then we can train their needs at a fraction of the price they are looking at currently. Time is of the essence.... Tick Tock!

The union should run a survey of members and determine all things outstanding with a suitable/reasonable solution agreed by members for each item. IE. HKPA: Should be doubled for all FO's/ Capt with SO's get a 50% increase in current rates until 2 years after probation then Full FO HKPA.( Just speculation)

As for DEFO and the training task ahead. Its like shaving off $10,000 off a $1,000,000 mortgage.... they still need to train all the captains and that system is fixed and with a 40% failure rate... good luck!.... not to mention the last DEFO program was scrapped due to the poor results and the real time to train crews to standard realized.

For those SO's worried about DEFO. Don't!

I was an SO when they did the DEFO hiring last time and thought it would impact my Upgrade but it didn't (with respect to +/- a month). In fact soon after, the actual time to upgrade decreased. So any perceived delay will be negligible. don't buy into the hype! enjoy your lifestyle while it lasts because FO and Captain rosters Suck!

The SO upgrades will still happen especially for airbus via the dragon program.

The other thing to note is the experience wanted (If out there and willing), will likely not come due having family etc due HKPA being a struggle as its widely publicized on this forum. Perfect storm really!

Stay the course.... Don't stress.... do your job.... enjoy your days off..... let them fix their own problems...... the longer this takes the more money it costs them.... They have thrown away the best resource they have after years of breach of trust and erosion to your COS and Benefits. We are finally pushing back and we owe it to the future generations to cling to the past!