PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hawker Hunter Crash at Shoreham Airshow
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jul 2016, 09:47
salad-dodger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nutloose, you are right, I took my post down as to be honest, I couldn't be arsed to continue with it. But seeing as you have regurgitated some of it, I had better correct you.

Over 30 years in aviation, including aircraft engineering, support and operations, safety and airworthiness. Most of the aircraft stuff is military, but some civil. ATM*, including Airports, Air Traffic (radars/displays/comms/NavAids, AGL etc) in the terminal and enroute environments, working with both airport operators and equipment suppliers large and small. A little rail work for a bit of diversification and a few other other niche areas.

Oh yes, and a Bachelors in Engineering and a Masters in Safety.

Yes, I know what a CAMO is, I work with them all the time, and chief engineers and many other flavours of engineers, aircrew, controllers, and support staff.

*ATM - Air Traffic Management. Sorry, but I used it thinking someone with such experience in aviation would understand that I was not referring to cash machines

The subject we are discussing, safety and risk assessment, I do it for a living. Have done for over 20 years. I can point you in the direction of some decent training if you like. A key part of the role is knowing one's limitations. When I want to know exactly how a system operates, I ask an expert in that system, sometimes the OEM. When I want to know how an aircraft is operated, I ask the crew, or sometimes a TP. When I want to know how a controller reacts to situations, I ask controllers. I stick to the safety engineering aspects of all that.

Not claiming to have all the answers by the way, but I do have very many questions.

S-D

Last edited by salad-dodger; 22nd Jul 2016 at 09:59.