PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK Training department roster
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jul 2016, 02:14
nolimitholdem

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First of all, I would like to state that it quite something to see White Knight and harry the cod fighting on a PPRune thread. When two equally ardent defenders/admirers of EK can come to (virtual) blows, well...it truly must be the End Of Days.

I don't think anyone will have to worry about rushing back from the "CRC" in an EK aircraft during an emergency. With the asinine placement of FD crew at the back of the a/c, there's little chance of ever making it back to the flight deck during anything serious. Problem solved, EK-style! Oh how I love that I now have a proper OFCR compartment as God and Boeing intended...I digress...

I once had another captain on a ULR have a groan about the fact I was wearing the (EK-issued) blue sweater over my uniform, long after I had returned from the CRC. His gripe was that "in an emergency how was he supposed to know the rank of the FD crew"? So I calmly explained to him, that in case he couldn't see the epaulets, I would be the one sitting in the left seat, if that helped.

Seriously, you couldn't make up some of the stuff that goes on at EK.