PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - KA, anyone listening?
View Single Post
Old 21st Jul 2016, 19:55
Lowkoon

Location: HK- A little bit of industrial China in every breath you take.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vis, KA dont have the capacity to train your guys. See the decision to train two, (yes only two) JFOs for exactly what it was. An impotent warning shot to AOA. Ka trainers will be snowed under training our own direct entry FOs that are in the interview selection pipeline now. I am pretty sure KA guys wont resign their positions to support CX contract compliance. We don't see a lot of solidarity extended from over the road to support us with our industrial issues, so to expect red team trainers to resign en mass probably isn't going to happen any time soon. Green team will probably need to lead by example on this one. We both know the trainers and checkers at CX wont be resigning. They would have to get new business cards printed!

KA doesn't need its trainers to quit, we need them to train KA guys to pass KA command courses and get KA moving forward again. Im not management or a trainer, but i know I work for a potentially great airline that is being hobbled by its distracted owners - and that is the biggest problem KA has.

Our guys may be forced to train a few JFOs to land a 330. Don't make the mistake of thinking that will solve CXs significant training back log. KA dont have the capacity or the resources to do what you fear. There are already 500 of us lined up to read 2 QRHs. You are pretty safely protected from the "KA training machine" rolling into town to save CX management from its current woes.