PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Helicopter crash Breighton aerodrome
View Single Post
Old 21st Jul 2016, 19:29
SilsoeSid

Purveyor of Egg Liqueur to Lucifer

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts
18th Jul 2016 21:14
squidie;
The club will give out a statement tomorrow in-respect to the A2 crash yesterday.
Any update on that one squidie?

Bell Ringer;
Isn't it amazing how people that live near an airfield are surprised by low-flying aircraft in the vicinity.
It's not the matter of living by an airfield and complaining about the low flying, these people were concerned;

"We have been saying it for weeks. There is a lot of low, low-flying and a lot of stunts from both the planes and the helicopters," she (LW) said.
"They are always so low that it doesn't surprise me one of them has crashed. A few years ago the parish council banned certain activity there but it has slowly been relaxed – they are flying lower and lower and doing more and more stunts."
Ms Watkinson added: "I think we are shocked by what has happened but not surprised because of what has been going on.

If someone had listened and taken such action as a word in an ear, perhaps this incident may not have happened. 10 knots faster, 10 metres further or 10 metres higher and this could have easily been a multiple fatality event.

What amazes me most is that aviators themselves have repeatedly watched these stunts go on for some time, so why didn't anyone in the aviation world say anything?