PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER 1
Thread: MANCHESTER 1
View Single Post
Old 21st Jul 2016, 10:53
Suzeman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well said LAX; plenty to be be positive about from MAN's point of view.

But as usual we have a selfish and negative post from BDLBOS when it comes to Manchester subjects...

1) Outbound from SIN means extra 3 hour layover.
I assume that this refers to your personal itinerary. But looking at the wider picture, does it give more connections at SIN due to the revised departure time? Please tell. And of course you don't have to stop off en route now...

2) Frequency reduced.
Well I can't argue with that, but of course you will have seen LAX's post about the expected frequency increase come next summer.

3) Seats reduced.
Possibly so. But we don't know for sure unless you are privy to the proportion of seats allocated to MAN on both flights through MUC and now onward to IAH. I would suspect that the number of MAN- IAH and vv passengers will exceed those currently flying MAN - MUC on SQ.

4) Fares will probably stay high.
Quite possibly. Might not be good for you, but if the route makes a profit as a result, it's a win-win for the airline and MAN.

5) We will keep that POS noise mobile on the flight. I don't care about freight, I care about comfort/ride/peace/relaxing and sorry to say the 77W is way behind the 350.
Personal opinion. Tough luck if you have to fly on one. You might not care a tuppeny toss about freight but the revenue it generates is important to route viability. If it wasn't there, the route might not be there at all and then you'd have to find another way to get back.

MAN survives on tag on flights still. SQ had Asia/Pacific ex MAN to themselves and they let every man and his dog onto it and take their business. Only once did they seem to have it right with the direct 772ER, but they had to mess.
Can't argue with that.

Perhaps you should try and find an A350 to fly on to somewhere next time and then transfer onto a flight back here.