PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Helicopter CPL
Thread: Helicopter CPL
View Single Post
Old 21st Jul 2016, 07:49
Montjuic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Many many thanks for the replies which spell out the doubts I am having. I feel I am being blinded with jargon and half promises with nothing specifically concrete.

I really want to pursue this but have to let my head rule my heart in making an informed decision. I really want to stay in Spain once qualified but the problem I am afraid of is that even if I get the license with the minimum amount of hours legally required who is going to hire me without a type rating apart from the R22?

They claim that companies are crying out for copilots in Spain but yes you are right it doesn't make sense to me how you are allowed to sit in for the ride as a copilot get paid (how little or much I don't know) and not acquire any hours for a type rating. It seems a bit odd that you are paid just to go for the ride. Legally I found out in Spain you can do that for 3 years then you must either pay yourself to do the type rating or the company you work for pay for you. The school claims that's no problem and everyone nowadays that the companies pay for this which I'm a bit sceptical about although I'd love to believe it. The whole thing strikes me as all a bit up in the air excuse the pun with nothing certain or set out concretely.

The attractions going from zero experience to fully qualified for an all inclusive price.

The cons paying a load of money for nothing or having to pay more to build hours on top of that to make myself anyway employable.

I'd love to hear more opinions and thoughts from those who have answered or anyone else.

Does this seem feasible or is it a ball of smoke?

Any thoughts on the level of maths required - I am worried about that is it a high level is it mostly maths at the end of the day?

My age as well I don't know if I'm a bit old I'm 33.

Thank you very much