PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tracey Curtis-Taylor (Merged threads)
View Single Post
Old 21st Jul 2016, 01:17
Stanwell

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Lind1795
This is my first post but I've been reading this thread with growing unease at how it is possible for someone to be able to pull the wool over so many people's eyes. The power associated with influence and patronage is well known - it's always been part of society sadly.

However, I am now very angry at seeing this latest news - an honorary doctorate. I've always had reservations about honorary degrees but this takes them to a new low. It is an insult to all who gain their degrees the correct way. Dr Tracey indeed! Staggering and awful. A very sad and disappointing act on the part of the university. TCT does not deserve it and she does not deserve the other awards.

I have given the university feedback!

Thanks for that post a bit earlier, Lind.
It mirrors the sentiments that I'd expressed on here a few days ago.
It beggars belief that such an outrageous scam can, in this day and age, not only survive scrutiny, but gain momentum - with Royal patronage,
of all things.

It is my observation that a number of people have been compromised.

Mind you, the whole thing has been quite carefully orchestrated and I can only hope that, a little bit down the track, people will wake up to what
is really going on out there.
Seems that there's little chance of that happening anytime soon, though.

Here's hoping that your feedback to the University has not simply been filed in the WPB.