PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - KA, anyone listening?
View Single Post
Old 21st Jul 2016, 00:55
B scaler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good for the gods

I'm an Australian pilot and had the pleasure of being checked by ex Ansett top guns for several years. (Ansett was so good by the way!)

I have worked at several airlines as have most other pilots at dragon, and I have without a doubt noticed that the same mob of ex Ansett Sky Gods, and the mentality is definately alive and well here!(Ansett was so awesome!)

My logic is that digger did the maths and found that 95% of command failures occurred with the candidates that achieved a PCA score of less than 3.4, so in the last few years we have only put candidates through that have achieved a score of greater than 3.4, which by maths should result in only 5% failing.

So why is the failure rate at 100% this year, and only 3 of the last 11 candidates passed in total.(maybe it is because all the candidates are not ex Ansett, after all, Ansett was awesome you know)

When I started, two managers on my first day of induction were bragging to me that they started there command courses after five months! This is back when China was a challenge!

Maybe, just maybe, you might have a better chance at passing if you have friends in the training department or flew at Ansett! (it was such a good airline)