PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Thomson Airways
Thread: Thomson Airways
View Single Post
Old 20th Jul 2016, 23:37
Tigger4Me

Location: Following the sun and skiing... No snow involved just Spending the Kids Inheritance!
Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Unless you work for a certain LoCo carrier that is. I was delayed over 4 hours on a flight from the UK to Portugal thanks to the French ATC strike. I got speaking to the cabin crew and asked how it affected their hours. Answer was, it didn't, as the four hours they sat on the apron in Portugal waiting to do the outbound were not classed as work. That despite them keeping the pax fed and watered, not to mention the all important being there for our safety. She assured me that it was just the same for the flight deck. Nobody was on the clock or getting paid until they were ready to roll. I guess that is one way of keeping the fares down!

I was more upset by it than she was as, thanks to the current employment situation in Portugal, she considered herself lucky to have any job at all. What a refreshing attitude but don't let MoL know or he'll find some other way to screw them. We pax don't know a half of it.