PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Boeing Mulls Stretching 777 to Knock Out Airbus A380
Old 20th Jul 2016, 21:58
Andy_S

Received 64 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by glofish
But to be quite honest, the slf don't really care about equipment. Maybe as a third parameter, yes, but at the very first comes price and then schedule.
I pretty much agree.

I really don't think very many passengers take a lot of interest in the equipment. The majority of economy class won't even know what aircraft they're booked on until they board it. If you're a business traveller paying out of your own pocket and travelling in your own time then yes, you can fly when you want with who you want, but in most cases business travellers don't have that flexibility. They're time and budget constrained and don't have the luxury of being able to pick flight times and routings that will allow them to fly on particular aircraft types. In my company, you get offered the cheapest flight with convenient timings, and I believe this is pretty common practice.

As to personal priorities, while I'm always interested in the equipment I'm flying on it's some way down my list. Timings, prices and airline (in that order) are all more important to me if I'm paying out of my own pocket.