PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Broken Ankle
Thread: Broken Ankle
View Single Post
Old 20th Jul 2016, 12:12
londonblue

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just to give you an update. I spoke to my AME and she advised me to book a follow up appointment with my surgeon, which I have done. She has also emailed me a template report that he will need to complete once he's discharged me. She will then need to look at it, and do a few tests and sign me off. In theory that's quite easy. However, it may not go that smoothly as these things tend not to.

For example, my appointment with the surgeon is currently booked for Thursday 4th August. Assuming he's happy to discharge me then I need to see my AME as soon as possible as I would like to fly the following week. (I have my plane booked for the 10th, 11th and 12th.)

This is where the problem arises. Firstly, even if the break is better (which is almost certainly will be), will my ankle actually be able to withstand the rigours of the rudder, and how long will my rehab take? The other (and probably more important) issue is that my AME is on holiday that week!

She has recommended someone else to me, but that person is miles away and has already indicated that she's busy. So, does anyone know of an AME based near Elstree that may be available on the 8th or 9th August?