PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight deck positions at FlyDubai Master Thread - Merged
Old 20th Jul 2016, 07:51
LNAV737

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Overview

Ok I've been following this thread before i joined FZ some posts are true some are bit too exaggerated.However I've been with FZ for a while now and i would like to share my opinion.Speaking in GENERAL FZ is well behind EK,QR,EY who's the best i don't know but that doesn't matter now.....does it look much more attractive and better before joining ? YES IT DOES.Well one can see that company isn't the best place to be but still it's a fair job.If u are senior enough probably this is one of the best 737 jobs but if u are not then the reality is different.Simply u can't do it on a long run not because u don't want to it's because you CAN'T ...lots of nights and not many days OFF makes u tired.Lack of benefits is also something to consider.Judging the amount of people leaving this airline also tells u that the things aren't great,especially the fact some senior Captains going to EK to be FO's after couple of years flying on the left seat,but that's individual decision more or less may not be associated to FZ i guess.Understaffed for a while now makes u fly around 90 h per month 8-10 days OFF in average.Family people will certainly find it different then the single ones.to live in a nice place with kids will not be enough money wise..not saying that u will not survive but taking in account the school allowance and all other expenses u won't be able to save much.So in order to save some money the secret is to live in some not so attractive place surrounded by sand then most likely You'll be fine.If u are single and smart enough you can make the best out of it i guess.I don't want to discourage anyone who wants to come but if i could choose againg probably i would rather give priortiy to some long haul operators around first.Do i think that this is a good job to join as a DEC ? NO definitely not.This is a good place for people looking to get 737 rating with possible quick command....even though the whole upgrade process is far from good and it's more based on the LUCK and LOTTERY it's still worth trying.So generally not that bad but far from perfect.....depends on each one of us and our goals i guess...good luck and safe flying.