PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Heathrow changed to Class D to save the industry money,Williamtown what's happening?
Old 20th Jul 2016, 05:37
Dick Smith

Received 74 Likes on 29 Posts
It's impossible to get them to change anything. I attempted to for over 20 years using rational logic.

Same group think resulted in $1.4 b lost on the Super Seasprite. That money could have been used to pay RAAF personnel decent wages.

The CASA document is clearly a con. Naval Air Station Lemoore is the home of the US Navy's fighter attack capability for the entire west coast and has over 175 FA18's stationed there and is , wait for it, class D

Gatwick is one of the busiest airports in Europe with over 40 million passengers per annum and is D.

That whole paper was all about keeping what was put in place when I was responsible for the AMATS changes. Zero leadership.

Was the paper prepared under Mr Cromarty's leadership? Where is he now?

Notice how no one disputes my claim that with D the ATC can still separate IFR and VFR as both must comply with ATC instructions. Once again D empowers controllers to use there own professional skill and judgement to move more traffic with less delay if they wish to.

Last edited by Dick Smith; 20th Jul 2016 at 06:45.