PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - China Southern A320 damaged in hailstorm
View Single Post
Old 20th Jul 2016, 01:43
neila83

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by flyhardmo
These days it's slightly better getting clearances for wx avoidance in Chinese airspace than what it was a few yrs ago. I have heard some airlines threaten pans and mayday if a clearance or alternative wasn't granted and it usually gets sorted. However last week while avoiding a CB I spotted another aircraft below going in the opposite direction flying directly towards a large constantly flashing CB. I see this quite often while avoiding wx a whole bunch of TCAS targets flying into said wx.

Jxf63 bloody hilarious post.
That's rather scary...do some pilots not value their lives? Is it get-there-itis? You don't have to get to destination at all costs, including risking everyones lives. It's like a train driver carrying on full steam after being told there's a tree on the line ahead. None would do it. But there does seem to be an attitude in aviation sometimes of well, if we want to get there, we'll just have to buckle up, cross our fingers, and enjoy the ride. I understand this doesn't apply to the vast majority of pilots, but that any do at all is enough to worry.