PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dick Smith! Cancel this Ridiculous Wake Idea.
Old 20th Jul 2016, 00:35
no_one

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I do think that it's important to frame the discussion in a positive way rather than focusing on the negative. We need to be saying how it could be so much better if the rules were more coherent rather than running around saying that we are all doomed.

Sometimes this industry is its own worst enemy. I always talk to people about how I love to fly and if they show any interest will happily take them for a flight. I took a friend for a flight and he loved it. Not short of a few bob and recently retired he decided to learn to fly. Turned up at one of the well respected flying schools at Camden. He went for a TIF and loved it. Afterwards, the instructor/operator chated about the licensing process but basically ranted on about how casa would take weeks to issue a student pilot license, would lose the paperwork and with the changes to part 61 wasnt sure if the industry would survive 6 months. On the way home my friend called the sailmaker and droped $30k on a new set of sails for his yacht. Why bother with flying if it's all so hard....