PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Fatal crash at Cold Lake Air Show
View Single Post
Old 19th Jul 2016, 20:28
clunckdriver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Er34790 In the case of the Hawker Hunter crash thee may have been a lack of thrust on the upline due to the low pressure diaphragm pumps, which feed fuel to the engine high pressure pumps were in poor in poor condition due to ageing, thus POSIBLTY giving low fuel flow, thus low thrust {the military didn't foresee the aircraft being in service this long} indeed the British authority issued what we would call an AD on the subject, I submitted a sample from my 1936 DH vintage aircraft I own, turns out it was in surprisingly good condition, not so the ones in the Hunter .As for the age of the pilots I don't think that is the problem, way back when I did some display flying, it became obvious to me after some time that Jo Public along with the other ice cream lickers doesn't know a round loop from an oval one, so I gave a show aimed at these folks, NOT the other pilots of similar experience in the crowd, so to make it look good to the uninformed, get it "made" at the top of the loop and then when certain you will make it round the bottom, let it go lose and low and impress the hell out of them. So what is the problem? I think its related to trying to satisfy the other professional aerobatic pilots by flying to the limits of the aircraft as if its an aerobatic competition, it aint! Its show business! As for the age question, last time I checked it was young 25 year olds trying to fly single turbo props in heavy ice and winding up dead, along with the way over gross bunch out there, having said this its very sad one another good person gets killed, regardless of the cause.

Last edited by clunckdriver; 26th Jul 2016 at 18:28.