PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AvMed - Time for some answers!
View Single Post
Old 19th Jul 2016, 10:59
Sandy Reith

Received 77 Likes on 36 Posts
Originally Posted by Ollie Onion
Well in my case CASA have become concerned due to me now having a family history of a heart condition that my Father was diagnosed last year. My DAME is more than happy with me as I have already had a test to rule out the genetic condition that triggered my fathers illness. Unfortunately it looks as though CASA may have a different attitude towards this as they may want me to undertake other tests in relation to my heart based on my fathers condition.

If the DAME had his way this wouldn't be required, however CASA will probably require further Cardiac testing. I don't have an issue with this in principal, what I have an issue with is that they have had my renewal application now for just under 7 weeks and haven't started to fully assess it yet due to the backlog. So if CASA come back to me now requiring a barrage of extra tests then I will be grounded until I can arrange to have all of those done, I just wish they could have put some sort of priority on this situation, it would seem though I am going to fall into the '400 pilots who require extra tests' category even though I could have had the tests done easily within the two month extension, if I knew what exact tests they were going to ask for.

In my situation the DAME has NO say whatsoever. A very frustrating situation for both of us.
My grandfather died of a boil on the neck, blood poisoning. I suppose I'd better ground myself, now aware that family medical history must be accounted for. Wonder if I can find grandfather's medical records (d.1913)? Fact is I do get a boiling feeling with the bouts of Casaitus that come on when spending money on unnecessary tests or wasting $thousands on new Aussie unique aircraft maintenance requirements.