PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tracey Curtis-Taylor (Merged threads)
View Single Post
Old 18th Jul 2016, 22:08
Mike Flynn

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
I have only ever posted links to TCT and material in the public domain.

Perhaps some of my posts have had an element of innuendo but this is a rumour network.

I have tried to expose the truth without any agenda.

To put all my posts in context I have set out to undermine Ewald Gritsch and the very important part he played/plays in TCT's aviating exploits.

This whole thread is complicated for a new reader.

However the bottom line is TCT conveyed the message to the worlds press she was some how mirroring Amy Johnson and Lady Marh Heath.

That is a lie.

Tracey has never flown any long distance route alone.

I am happy to be challenged but she makes a big thing in the press about a woman flying alone.

Ewald Gritsch has been honest talking to the Daily Mail.
Mr Gritsch admits he was in the forward cockpit for ‘the majority’ of the flights from Cape Town to Goodwood and Farnborough to Sydney. He said: ‘The situation was that it was not a solo flight.’

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz4EnvisW3o
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
If she really wants to prove a point can I suggest she uses some of the Boeing and Artemis sponsors money to get herself a UK CPL and ATPL?

The fact she has to have a man up front in the Spirit of Artemis on all her voyages while suggesting they were solo does nothing to qualify her for a Masters Medal from the HCAP.

Aminta Hennessy is a true hero for aspiring women pilots.
Order of Australia Medal Citation to Aminta Hennessy Medal in the General Division of the Order of Australia
Australia Day 26 January 2005 Honours List

For service to aviation as a pilot and as an instructor through the establishment of the Australian Association of flight Instructors.
Aminta Hennessy was the first Australian woman to fly solo across the Atlantic Ocean in 1978. She was also the first woman to fly solo back-to-back crossings of the Pacific Ocean, 1994. Has crossed the Pacific Ocean 21 times. (20 of them solo), the Indian Ocean (solo) once and Asia four times (solo) all delivering aircraft.

Aminta Hennessy is the co-owner of Clamback & Hennessy at Bankstown Airport. Her company is an international aircraft ferry, charter and instructor school. She established the Australia Association of Flight Instructors and was President for more than five years.

She established the ‘Fear of Flying’ clinics on behalf of the Australian Women Pilots’ Association in conjunction with Qantas Airlines in 1979 and ran them for 10 years.

Ms Hennessy is an Approved testing Officer for the civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA) appointed in 1988.
Was author of Future Vision Statement for the then Civil Aviation Authority 1988.
Have we reached a stage where lies and deception to promote women in aviation are necessary?

I have many women friends who have flown airliners and other aircraft for decades.They behave like normsl people not fashionista's from decades ago.

Period clothes,a classic biplane and a lot of sponsors money does nothing to celebrate early women pioneers.

Wearing a flying suit and sharing space in a Stearman with the man who restored it does not forward or promote women in aviation as the current HCAP Master suggests.

He even has the arrogance to suggest that a wealthy woman flying a biplane sponsored by high finance somehow has the ability to inspire poor women in the Indian Subcontinent.

If the Honourable Company Of Air Pilots are happy to be taken in by this charade and give her the same medal as Tim Peake who am I to argue.

However as I write this 18 year old Lachlan Smart has flown alone from Australia to mid USA in just a few weeks on his genuine solo global flight.

Let us hope he gets a Masters medal as well

Last edited by Mike Flynn; 18th Jul 2016 at 23:15.