PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gaining An R.A.F Pilots Brevet In WW II
View Single Post
Old 18th Jul 2016, 19:44
Chugalug2

Received 228 Likes on 71 Posts
Walter, many thanks for yet another detailed and revealing post. What a grand edifice was the Gate House of M.Stammlager IVB. Was the Camp Commandant a Berliner perhaps? If you replaced the Watchtower with 4 Gee-Gees, a Go-Cart, and a woman driver, it would be a dead ringer for the Brandenburg Gate. Perhaps he should have spent more time counting them all out through said gate, counting them all in, and checking on who exactly them was rather than building his matchstick marvel!

Good to know that the RAF and the RAAF boys were a constant irritant, for that was surely their purpose, to constantly stretch the internal security resources of the Reich so that none could be released to the front, indeed the very opposite was required at times. Similarly with the Bomber Offensive from which many of them had come. Fighters, Anti Aircraft Guns, their supporting Radar and Searchlight Units, Control Centres, and a Million Men all held within the Reich rather than fighting for it on the many foreign fronts. I rather suspect yet another irritant is about to be added to their other many worries, but like Danny I must be patient!

Danny, thank you for your kind offer but I must defer to you as Senior Officer present to get first dibs at any excess follicles divvied out by Walter. Just don't do a Boris or a Trump with it, please!