PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Interview and Sim Assessment (merged)
Old 18th Jul 2016, 15:40
eeesprit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi guys!

Delighted to have received the good news today

My contribution to this topic now :

I started with the sim.

EGGP 27 WAL2N
Amended clearance, straight ahead until 3DME, right turn hdg 360° , climbing 4000ft.
Some GH exercices with climb, descent, acceleration, deceleration, turns.
Position fixing with QDM/QDR from NDB
Radar vectors and ILS 27 to land.

A bit harder for my partner : the beginning was the same, and after the position fix the radar became unserviceable => holding and alternative procedure with sick passenger (Fly/Navigate/Communicate, Transfer Control, DODAR + NITS).

HR Interview

Just 25'

- What do you think about your Sim session ?
- Why did you do your training in UK?
- Why did you do your MCC with Simtech?
- Weaknesses?
- Why should we hire you?
- What do you know about Ryanair?
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
- Do you have friends working for RYR?
- When can you start the TR?
- Can you pay for it?

Technical questions :

- Questions about my job (I'm sales engineer working on a project with renewable energies "what kind of thermal devices? Heat pumps ? okay tell me more" etc)
- Let's pretend you're on the ground at Marseille, 40degrees outside, how do we cool the 737-800? (I talked about electricty generated by APU supplying packs etc.)
- How to heat the cabin during the cruise?
- Xwind calculations
- Feedback about my flight/school and instructors

Then a long and nerve wracking week to wait for the results!!!

Good luck to everyone, again give your best and stay positive, they need us all!

PS. the day before the interview, I've booked a sim session with Upilot (dublin airport). They have a simulator based on the 737-800 and really nice & skilled instructors. For a very reasonable price, you will become familiar with the cockpit, power settings and pitch attitudes to remember, and practice some SID/STAR/APP and emergencies. (in my case, that was EMA27, so very helpful for the real assessment!!!)
The controls are lighter than during the assessment though, but anyway flying the aircraft should'nt be a problem as long as you know where to find the informations in the cockpit and are prepared for any situations. So go for it, you'll be more confident