PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CASA 97/16 - so do I still have to do a renewal in C208 and a multi?
Old 18th Jul 2016, 09:20
Lumps

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
From CASA...

The July 1, 2016 exemption...

What are the requirements for type rating
specific IPCs?

When you are conducting an IFR operation in a type rated aircraft, you are exercising the privileges of your instrument rating and your type rating. The IPC requirements for the instrument rating are described above. The IPC requirements a for the type rating are in regulation 61.805.

Under regulation 61.805, to exercise the privileges of a pilot type rating under the IFR, you need to have a valid IPC for the type rating that was conducted within the previous 24 months.

CASA Exemption 93/16 provides an alternative to the requirements in regulation 61.805. Instead of needing a type rating specific IPC, pilots now need to have a valid IPC that is appropriate to the aircraft being flown and depends on the type
rating being used.

›› If you are exercising the privileges of a type rating under the IFR, you need to have completed an IPC within the previous 24 months that was conducted in any type rated aircraft of the same category.
So back to my original question, the average GA bug smasher with an MECIR has to have done an IPC within the previous 2 years in a 'type rated aircraft of the same category'

So it all boils down to a simple question: Is the C208 a type rated aircraft!?

If so what an earth is a type rated aircraft of the same category that is realistic for most pilots to be flying around in, i.e.,, not the TBM/PC12 etc