PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air NZ discriminating against older pilots!
Old 18th Jul 2016, 06:36
atlas12

Parabellum, this is getting way off topic but if you had bothered to do ANY research whatsoever you would know that a.) the company is named "Tesla" not "Teslar", and b.) the number of miles driven on autopilot vs fatalities is already much lower than that of a human driver and the technology is still in its infancy. But hey, people always oppose new things especially when it could result in the loss of their own job.

Back on topic, some of you have disgusting attitudes and you probably should retire from the industry. Hell, you are making me want to retire from the industry just by reading this crap. I have news for some of you: I have flown with many fantastic 30 something skippers that had 10k hours under their belt and did a great job in the left seat. I have also flown with some mid 60s skippers who should have given the game up years ago. It goes both ways. Sitting in the left seat isn't that hard and yes I have been on both sides of the flight deck. It isn't for everyone and has its moments, but one thing I have learned in my career so far is that some people love to blow it out of proportion.