PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Heathrow changed to Class D to save the industry money,Williamtown what's happening?
Old 18th Jul 2016, 03:54
Maggie Island

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Dick Smith
I explained how in Australia, the military controllers at Williamtown were totally opposed to a CASA proposal that Williamtown be Class D because the controllers thought they were being down-graded. He said, “That’s pathetically childish. With Class D a controller can still hold a VFR aircraft outside the zone if required for safety reasons however the most controllers realise this is going to cost money so they don’t hold VFR aircraft unless necessary for safety”

Now I wonder, if they can do it at Heathrow wouldn’t you think they could do it at Williamtown? Instead of having to hold aircraft for up to 30 minutes [insert dramatic think of the children dribble]
Who on Earth said they were opposed to Class D at WLM? Are you sure they were in the military Dick - I doubt any military operators would be opposed to changing the service provided. I could think of a few RPT operators (aka the reason a young family is at an imminent risk of drowning at Anna Bay) who would have a thing or two to say about it however...