PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight deck positions at FlyDubai Master Thread - Merged
Old 18th Jul 2016, 00:19
SmilingKnifed

L'enfant Terrible

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Guys, I'm not a frequent poster so you can take it that I'm only posting here to repeat, verbatim, the comment I wrote on my exit survey when I left FZ recently.

Unless there is a fundamental change in both culture and leadership within Flight Operations, flydubai will suffer another hull loss in the near future.

I made the exact same comment, with verifiable examples of eroded safety culture to our CEO during a meeting. All I were received were rebuttals and platitudes, with some folksy-American wisdom about flyin' jets thrown in. Nothing will change in this company as the all-powerful commercial department have no wish to see change. Those who could effect change have no interest as they'll soon sign non-disclosure agreements and accept their payouts. The only guy who kicked against this was a safety manager who recently resigned in disgust.

If you can accept the level of risk that flydubai thinks is appropriate, then I wish you the best of luck in your career there. You're braver than I am.