PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight deck positions at FlyDubai Master Thread - Merged
Old 17th Jul 2016, 14:07
ifly462

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FlyingTinCans
All pilots complain and I agree that pprune is just a small section of the worldwide pilot group who are on an endless task of trying to find airline nirvana.

However, don't use it as an excuse to disregard all the bad points that are written about FZ.

Yes, guys in BA, AA moan about pension schemes. EK moan that their profit share should have been 8 weeks instead of 4.

Guys in FZ don't moan about that stuff because they are too busy discussing that another destination they fly too is in middle of a war zone. I used to have conversations on the flight deck where we almost justified flying to Erbil "isn't that bad" because the timings are during the day. In context Erbil is less than 20nm form Mosul, the current de facto capital of ISIS.
That is FZ in a nutshell, things are so bad when it comes to rostering, night flying, and general security around the route network that places like Erbil, Kabul, Quetta are actively bid for.

Go to FZ so you can scratch your itch to fly big shiney jets, but don't bring your family, don't buy a house, don't get a loan, because in 2 years that itch will have been scratched, all hope and dedication will have been sucked out of you by the endless stupidity of the airline and the city it's based in. You will then be uprooting your family again to move somewhere else, and if you joined as an FO and don't get your command you will have no money in your pockets either.
I have been flying jets for quite some time my brother, no shinny jet itch here. As I've said before every situation is dependant on the person itself. To be quite honesthe I'll quote something my father taught me as a kid. If you can't survive on 10 dollars, you won't be able to on 100. You have to make whatever you have work for you and live within your means. My family and I survived on 3000 a month when rent was half of that and my wife was unemployed with 3 kids to feed. There's absolutely no way an FZ salary won't work for us. The rosters were a lot tougher also.

The destinations are definitely a cause for concern and there's no way around it working for FZ. so the only way to avoid it is not signing up for a job at FZ. it drives me nuts to know everyone knows where the cmpany flies to then complain about the destinations after accepting the job! Anyway as I said before the only person who can control me is ME! If I'm not happy in a situation or I feel the safety of meach and my family is being jeopardised I am going to LEAVE. It's that simple. I understand everything you guys are saying on here and I appreciate it but the constant negative post while you guys refuse to leave the situation just doesn't make sense to me