PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Inhibition of speed brakes following config full - A320
Old 17th Jul 2016, 09:16
vilas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RunSick
If I ruffled feathers my apology. I quoted FCOM not my opinion. I am trying to make a sense between three entities, the manufacturer, the employer and the pilot. So some question come to mind. Let's continue the discussion. I am aware about what you said about alpha floor. What I said came from FCOM:

If the flight crew uses the speed brakes to increase the rate of deceleration or to increase the

rate of descent, the VLS will increase as well:

• The flight crew should ensure that appropriate speed margin exists before the extension of

the speed brakes

• If the speed brakes are extended, the flight crew should ensure that appropriate speed

margin exists before the beginning of a turn.

This will avoid the activation of the Alpha-Floor protection.

So how to manage that at 4miles and yet be stabilised at 3miles(1000ft)?
Forbidden is rarely mentioned in manuals, generally not recommended is used. All things being normal how does one decide when to disregard manufacturer's recommendations?
What is the preferred course of action? during approach? Not accept ATC constraints requiring non recommended pilot action or accept them at any cost? The first course is recommended in FOBN.

Stone_cold

You express your opinions and don't like it when manufacturer's documents prove them wrong. You are the one and not me who has the last say even when proved wrong by Airbus document by calling them abstract. I am surprised that you are asking me to provide another reference when it will be termed obscure by you as in the past. The only problem with me is that I believe in manufacturer's expertise in stating how their product is safely used. I am interested in exchange of information and you are welcome to provide it.

Last edited by vilas; 17th Jul 2016 at 12:48.