PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Solid gold from CASA
View Single Post
Old 17th Jul 2016, 01:06
outlandishoutlanding

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Solid gold from CASA

https://jade.io/article/422184

CASA investigators knew the story was suspicious from the beginning. Mr Nick Coulson, a CASA officer, rang alarm bells early on in the investigation when he said in an email dated 29 August 2013 (exhibit 14) “…I find it difficult to believe the story with respect to there having been three grown men in the cockpit of an R22”. While Mr Coulson went on to accept it might have been possible, he asked: “So I am just wondering if they are having a lend of us?”

Mr Coulson, a test pilot, said the only way the third individual could fit in the helicopter was if he had his legs hanging out the door (exhibit 14). Yet Mr Nystrom said in cross-examination that he did not put that discrepancy to Mr Gibb. Mr Nystrom’s explanation for his failure to do so is worth noting. In cross-examination, he said:

I haven’t flown in a Robinson R22. I’m an investigator, I take on board any information that I receive. Mr Coulson made those comments as an expert pilot. Those comments are there for you to digest and deem if it’s appropriate. I have no views on the matter.