PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Journalist Lowlife
View Single Post
Old 28th Jul 2003, 23:35
Instrument Ranting

I hope you are sure of your facts. I have been on the wrong side of a similar accusation following a fatal RAF crash.

I called to ask for a telephone interview with the Squadron/Station CO, the request was turned down. Despite the friendliness of my tone, expression of condolence and immediate acceptance of the decision not to put someone up for interview - my phone call was reported to another RAF Officer as aggresive and insensitive.

As it happened the seond officer was a close friend of mine, who reported the remarks to me.

Ordinarily of course, I would never have heard this unfair description of the phone call.

I have never challeneged the person in question, so I suppose another story of a journalist lowlife is still doing the rounds.

I am certainly not suggesting that Mrs Murton would have made up any such story - but that chinese whispers may have exaggerated the truth.

As you are taking the rather extreme step of virtually promising to 'sort out' this journo - you better check his side of the story first.