PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Korean Air B747 (Stansted crash) report out
Old 28th Jul 2003, 23:02
Ghostflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Isn't it amazing that when ever I read something in the paper, that I know something about, it tends to be misleading at best; b*llocks at worst.

What does that say about all the other info that I read that I am not so clued up on?!? No wonder I keep losing a fortune on the stock market!

Journos sell papers and sadly some of them never let fact get in the way of a good story. However, many do have high standards of probity. The ruthless and competent wordsmith can put across just about any message they want to the punters reading, without exposing themselves to litigation.

Yep Dan is right when he says 'Guys, wake up what do you expect!' Its ok to expect unbiased reporting of the facts but how boring would that be. The story has to get 'sexed up' or 'spun' to some degree to make the average punter keep reading.

Anyway back to the thread, the true disaster is the loss of life. Thank goodness no one was hurt on the ground. There should be no attribution of blame. Like most of these incidents a chain of events lead to a crash that could probably have been prevented if one of the players involved had acted differently. I am sure there are engineers and pilots out there that believe they might have acted differently in the circumstances and this might potentially have resulted in a different outcome. We are all fallible, even journos!

Ghost