PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilot Fatigue Investigation
View Single Post
Old 15th Jul 2016, 15:08
RAT 5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Proper targeted actions against 'the crap companies and the corrupt regulators' is the only way to solve this problem, not blabbing to journos to help them with that 'big story'.

Given that this has been a topic of discussion & contention for 30 years, and it has become worse, would you suggest why there has not been any successful 'proper targeted action' against those elements you identify? Also, what is your suggestion for proper targeted action? What does catch attention is a strike. It gets peoples' focus and alerts those who need to listen that the strikers are serious about a serious issue. The lack of strikes shows that; i.e. when it happens it is serious. Often, when it does happen, the PR element of the strikers' story is not portrayed in a strong professional unambiguous way. A clear case for everyone to understand, including the troubled travelling public. Junior doctors had the balls and gained some sympathy. The only thing that makes the management pay attention are grounded a/c. It is very sad to say that the same comments & complaints about the same issues have been on going for 30 years AND they've become worse. Therefore the companies & XAA's have not listened.
We have seen, in other areas and industries, that a strong story in the public media has awakened public opinion that had been kept in the dark. They can be a little blasé if not affected directly, but they do scream & shout when they realise they are at risk. Old people's care homes, other medical facilities, some schools, ferry companies even some airlines are cases in point. Considering the conspicuous lack of success over 30 years why not try a different route, but in a professional and careful manner?