PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK Training department roster
View Single Post
Old 15th Jul 2016, 08:25
falconeasydriver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Interesting discussion guys, kind of makes me roll my eyes a little and breath in the fresh non EK air.
Anyway here goes with my opinion FWIW.
Despite various attempts over the years and despite there being some exceptional individuals contained within the training dept, regrettably the same issues regurgitate themselves again and again. Yes being prepared is a must, it is a function of the individuals approach to their profession and how they view their path through the system such as it is.
EK and in this case the training department is quite frankly a reflection on the culture and mindset of the entire organisation. There is very little in the way of training that's is carried out because the majority of current trainers were never schooled in that manner themselves, the exception in my experience was the NAC course which was during my time at EK the most sensible and practical 3 months of training.
The leadership group in training have backgrounds that again apart from an exception or two, shouldn't be let anywhere near airline training, with the present culture of the place it's hardly surprising that a greater emphasis is placed on checking rather than a bit T. It is also entirely consistent with the ME in general that there is a far greater emphasis placed by the trainers on minutiae and their own personal status than actually being a beacon and providing guidance, they are in fact deficient themselves in being able to impart useful knowledge. It's all rather sad.
Contrast this with a recent recurrent in DXB no less at CAE where the training was an absolute pleasure, it was all about sharing and imparting with none of the nonsense that more often than not accompanied and EK training detail, what a delightful change